Everyone wants to look beautiful and like most of the girls and women, even men take very good care of their skin. Since it is your face that people notice first, you need to take good care of your face and that is why facials are important.
You must have heard about gold facial, pearl facial, herbal facial and many more of these types. But the Orient never ceases to surprise us and they have brought before the world something extraordinary called the ‘geisha facial’.
What is Geisha Facial?
The geisha in Japan were artisans and one of their highlights was their makeup. They painted their faces an ephemeral white and that became a trademark for geishas. But it is also said that their complexion was made to look like that even without makeup with the help of ‘nightingale feces’.
It was applied to their faces and that improved their complexion. The same thing is being accepted widely in the West in the form of a facial to look beautiful.
How is it done?
- In a controlled and monitored process, nightingales are caged and fed organic food and seeds along with plums from trees and caterpillars.
- Their excreta is collected and it is scraped from the cages.
- This is then dried in UV light for sanitization and to kill all bacteria. It is then dried fully in a dehydrator. This drying process may take as much as 2 weeks.
- Once dried it is ground into a white powder and rotated with a ceramic ball for almost 18 hours.
- Now it becomes sold in this form.
Why is it Good?
The bird poop or guano as it is popularly called has nitrogen rich urea and amino acids. These are instrumentals in making the skin soft, bright and retain its moisture. That is why the skin looks radiant.
Use it on your Skin
- You can add some rice bran to this powder. The former acts as a good exfoliating agent and scrubs your face gently.
- You need to add water to this powdered mixture to make it into a fine paste. The consistency should enable you to apply the paste on your face so that it does not drip.
- It is the massage (45 minutes) with this paste that brings out the real complexion in your skin.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- The powder is almost odorless and the slight musky odor can be masked by adding a little rosewater.
Photo Credit By: goodfongshui.files.wordpress.com