Posted on Feb 07, 2011 | Comments 1
Lucky you if you were born with beautiful curly hair. You should know that lots of women want to have this kind of hair since it never goes out of style. But the fact remains that it can be very difficult to manage and take care of curly hair especially if you don’t apply the proper curly hair care tips.
People with long curly hair don’t have it easy. It takes extra time and effort to perform all sorts of hair care tips for curly hair so that their locks stay as pretty as possible.
Now if you’re one of those who are naturally born with curls on your crown, you need curly hair care tips to do it all yourself.
Hair treatments nowadays are very expensive. A single visit to the saloon can cost you big bucks.
Why spend your savings on letting others care for your hair when you can perform the various do-it-yourself hair care tips for curly hair? Here’s how:
- Use very mild shampoo in washing your hair. Curly hair easily gets frizzy and dry especially when you use shampoo very often. It rids the hair of its natural oils that keep it shiny and soft to the touch. Curly hair care tips even suggest shampooing only twice a week.
- You can achieve those natural curls by simply using your fingers to get rid of tangles. Running a brush will only make it frizzy and leave you with a big hair look. This is one of the effective curly hair care tips that won’t only give you attractive curls but also protect your hair from breakage and split ends.
- Curly hair needs some serious pampering since they easily get dry compared to straight hair. Hair care tips for curly hair like deep conditioning your curls at least twice a month and using conditioner after every shampoo are excellent ways to maintain your lovely mane.
- The best thing about having curly locks is that you don’t have to comb your hair all times since it naturally looks messy. Just run a big toothed comb through it while you’re still in the shower. Don’t wait for it to dry up to minimize frizz.
- Avoid using a hair dryer as much as possible since it can cause permanent damage to your hair. Instead, be content with blotting excess water with an absorbent towel.
- Curly hair care tips also involve using the right products for your hair. In order for your curls to stay in place, you have to apply a styling gel rich in moisturizers especially to the tips.
- Avoid tying your hair with a rubber band. Let your curls hang loosely on your shoulders. Hair care tips for curly hair such as this one ensures that your hair isn’t exposed to stress and pressure.
Curly hair care tips are what you need to achieve those gorgeous curls many women crave for. In case you want to know more do-it-yourself hair care tips for curly hair, check the web for online resources or read magazines and newspapers.
Posted in: Curly Hair