Posted on May 31, 2016 | Comments 0
Receding hairline is a nightmare but there is no need to panic as there are many treatments you could choose to stop your hairline from receding and growing back your hair. Some of the common treatments for receding hairline include laser combs, hair transplant surgeries, natural home remedies and the use of medications like Propecia, Minoxidil, and Rogaine etc. Gender also plays a role in influencing the method of treatment and growth of hair. Here is a list of the ways of how you can cope with the problem of receding hairline.
The Various Ways of Treating Receding Hairline
As soon as you notice your hairline showing signs of receding, you should take care of it without delay. You could start with natural remedies like massaging natural oils like olive, castor, clary sage and so on. Treatment of receding hair line includes two things. Firstly, stopping the hairline from further receding and secondly, adopting ways to promote hair growth.
A) Ways To Stop Hair Fall Are:
#1.Lifestyle and Diet:
- Stop eating refined products like grain products and refined sugar. Instead opt for fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, minerals, lean meat etc.
- Incorporate your diet with magnesium, selenium and zinc that ensure stronger hair follicles.
- Consumption of folic acid, vitamins C, E, A and B6 can help in the re growth of hairline.
- Exercising regularly also help in improvement of blood circulation in the body. Along with this massaging of the scalp helps as it ensures the hair follicle gets enough nourishment and oxygen.
#2.Use of Alcohol free Styling and Hair Care Products:
Alcohol cause drying of hair and thus promotes receding hair line. Therefore avoid products containing alcohol.
#3.Brushing of Hair:
- Brushing can actually help in treating receding hairline but too aggressive brushing should be avoided.
- Do not brush hair in the backward direction.
- The use of hard hair brushes should be avoided.
- You should refrain from combing your hair too often.
#4.Use of Harsh Hair Chemicals:
Do not expose your hair to dyes, bleaches and other harsh chemicals, as they would damage and weaken your hair follicles further.
#5.Use of Growth Boosting and Hair Thickening Products:
These products should be used to promote hair growth and stop hair fall.
B) How to Treat Receding Hairline:
Certain drugs are available over the counter and some have to be prescribed by the doctor. Here is list of the drugs used for receding hairline treatment.
- Minoxidil: It is available over the counter in strengths of 2% and 5% and is used to treat female hair loss with 2% strength. It promotes blood flow to the scalp and revitalizes the hair follicle and promotes hair growth.
- Antralin: It is also known as Dithro scalp. Originally it was used for treating Psoriasis but it showed promising results for new hair growth. It takes 12 weeks of daily application to see the results of hair growth.
- Finasteride: It is commonly known as Propecia and blocks the conversion of testosterone hormone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This DHT causes hair fall by binding to the androgen receptors of the hair follicle.
- Corticosteroids: This can be used as creams. This works by restoring the ability of the hair follicles to grow and minimizes the inflammation around the hair follicles.
In this procedure the doctor takes healthy hair from the back and sides and transplants it in the bald areas. After 2 months the transplanted hair falls off and new hair grows in its place. This is an expensive procedure.
Receding hairline is annoying but now there are various ways of dealing with it. Many drugs have shown promising results in promoting hair growth. Therefore, by incorporating healthy changes in lifestyle and diet and with proper medication you can get back your hair.
Posted in: Baldness