Posted on Feb 13, 2015 | Comments 0
Most people take a lot of their face, skin and hair but we often forget to pay enough attention to the nails of our hands and feet. Just like the skin and hair need regular care and maintenance, even the nails need proper maintenance.
It is very important to follow a regular nail care routine so as to make sure that the nails look perfect all the time and do not chip off easily. If you are someone who faces nail related issues frequently, then you can follow the given tips for everyday nail care.
- The first step to follow is to remove your old nail color especially once it has chipped from a few places. It generally takes about 5-6 days for an old nail color to start chipping off. Use acetone of any company to remove the color properly.
- The next step is to trim the nails, as necessary and trim all the nails equally to make them look of the identical length. After trimming them a little bit, you can file them to make them even and smooth. File one by one and make sure that you don’t file quickly back and forth as this can lead to peeling. Always file the nails in the same direction. After filing, you can also use a buffer to smoothen out any edges that may have been left.
- If you think that your cuticles also need a little maintaining, then you can gently push the cuticles back using a cuticle pusher. Don’t push them back too hard. You can also make use of a cuticle remover to remove out the cuticle growth but this must be done only when the nails are moist (mostly after taking a bath).
- The next step is to apply a base coat. The base coat prevents the nails from getting stained especially when you are going to apply a bright color on top of it such as red or a dark pink.
Also, a base coat helps the give your nails a smooth and even canvas.
- The next step is to apply a nail polish. Do this slowly and steadily and make sure you apply the coat by brushing down a little away from the cuticle. Wait until the color dries and only then move onto applying the next coat.
- After you are done applying the nail color and after it has dried off completely, you can apply hand butter or hand lotion so as to seal in the moisture and make your hands and nails look smooth, polishes and soft.
- Before going to sleep every night, make sure you apply a heavy cream on the nails and the hands. If you are very particular about your cuticle care, then you can also buy and apply a cuticle cream for further effect. You can also use Vaseline or shea butter for your nails and your hands.
Get a manicure every once in a while to get that professional service for your nails.
Posted in: Nail Care