Posted on May 05, 2008 | Comments 1
Vitamins are essential for your skin. Your body needs all the vitamins for healthy skin [Benefits of vitamins].
Lack of vitamins can make your skin blotchy, dull and lifeless.
According to several studies, consumption of vitamins and minerals will have positive influence on your skin, making it to look more attractive.
There is a strong relationship between nutritional intake and skin health [Anti aging nutrition].
List of vitamins for healthy skin:
- Vitamin-A: Vitamin A helps in strengthening the skin’s protective tissue and prevents the occurrence of acne on your skin. The production of sebum will become less with this vitamin. Vitamin-A is also a powerful antioxidant that flushes out the toxins and free radicals present in your body. It is also important to maintain and repair the skin’s tissues [Benefits of antioxidant vitamins].
- Vitamin-B: Vitamin–B helps in maintaining a healthy skin tone and it will be helpful in relieving your anxiety and stress. This vitamin fights against the occurrence of acne on your face. It is also important to improve blood circulation and metabolism to attain healthy skin. It is also vital for immune system functioning and production of antibodies.
- Vitamin-c: This vitamin works as an antioxidant and plays a major role in wound healing as it helps in collagen stabilization. It maintains your good look by preventing the appearance of broken blood vessels present in your body. Wrinkles, free lines and severity of sunburns will become less if vitamin C is applied topically on your skin.
- Vitamin-E: Vitamin-E is an antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory effects on your skin. You can attain smoothness and softness to your skin by applying this vitamin E topically on your skin.
- Zinc: Zinc works along with Vitamin A in making elastin and collagen. Elastin and collagen are the fibers, which gives strength, firmness and elasticity to your skin. Zinc also helps in tissue healing and preventing scarring. It regulates the oil glands activity to prevent acne. Zinc acts as an antioxidant and helps in preventing free radical formation.
Consuming these vitamins in the form of foods will have good effect on your skin and makes it to look more beautiful where as using vitamins in the form of supplements (i.e. tablets) is not a good practice. You have to consult your physician before using supplements, as not all the supplements will be suitable for everyone.
Posted in: SKIN CARE