Posted on May 31, 2016 | Comments 0
Firstly, you should know about shingles. It is a very painful skin rash that is caused by the infection of varicella zoster virus and is also known as the Herpes Zoster. Shingles is generally seen as a patch or a strip or band of rash on the face and body. It may cause severe pain to the person suffering from it. Shingles is nearly similar to chicken pox but it is painful. Shingles is generally caused in adults and old aged people because of their weak immune system. Stress, any injury, certain medications, etc. can be the cause of the shingles rashes. Shingles is caused by the chicken pox virus that stays in your nerve roots near the spinal cord and can reactivate in the form of shingles rashes.
Treatment or cure for shingles
You can prevent shingles by having vaccination for it. Shingles is also treated with proper medication. You can take prescribed antiviral medicines for pain and rashes. The shingles vaccines are given to the adults in the early adulthood so that in later time they don’t have to suffer much from shingles, the pain is less and the rashes heal quickly.
Shingles vaccinations – all about it
Symptoms of shingles includes –
- Stomach problems
- Unbearable pain
Long lasting shingles can damage your nerves and can cause severe pain for many weeks or months even after the rash clears up.
Advantages of getting vaccinated by the shingles vaccines are –
- Shingles vaccination is necessary for the people who are around 60 years or more in age but you can also get vaccinated at the age of 50 but not less than that. Shingles vaccine prevents you from suffering of shingles rashes and pain.
- Even if you never had chickenpox, you should get vaccinated against shingles just for precautionary reasons. Unlike chickenpox, this is not a necessary thing that you will not have shingles once you had them earlier.
- According to the doctors, the vaccine slays of 51% chances of getting affected by shingles and also reduced the nerve damage caused by shingles up to 67%. The vaccine can offer you a protective hand and prevent unfavourable consequences even if you had the most severe shingles.
Disadvantages of getting vaccinated by the shingles vaccines are –
Generally there are very less side effects of the vaccine against shingles but you should pay attention to few of these things that can be the after effects of the vaccine –
- Pain or tenderness
- Not suitable for patients allergic to gelatine and neomycin or in case of any other kind of allergies consult your doctor immediately
- Do not get vaccinated if you have poor immune system
- Pregnant women should avoid the vaccination against shingles
And now when you know about this painful disease, you should get yourself vaccinated against shingles immediately and should not delay any further. Shingles are very painful as well as damaging to your body and nerves and you should take care of yourself by getting properly vaccinated and take your medications on time.
Posted in: Shingles