Posted on Jan 07, 2016 | Comments 0
The Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), popularly referred to as micro-needling or medical skin needling is a long lasting, minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure to minimize wrinkles and scars on the body and face. The procedure takes about 10 minutes to one hour depending on the area being treated and requires three to six sessions two to six weeks apart.
The main objective governing this procedure is to stimulate collagen formation in the dermal layer (lower layer) of the skin keeping the epidermal layer (upper layer) intact. It is a cost-effective and safe method for the treatment of ugly stretch marks, wrinkles and acne scars.
The Principle on Which the Method Works
The theory behind this process is to promote the body to form collagen in the dermal layer of the connective tissue keeping the overlying, protective epidermis intact. The idea is to promote a wound healing response and stimulate the body’s collagen production by causing damage to the epidermis layer of the skin. MTS roller, a FDA approved medical tool equipped with 200 fine needles is employed to lacerate the skin and create fine microscopic channels into the layers of the skin and thus promoting the body to generate collagen.
These microscopic ducts also facilitate speedy percolation of certain vitamins like vitamin C and vitamin A. These vitamins foster the renewal of fresh, new skin effectively. The MTS device also enhances serum absorption a thousand times. The treatment utilizing this device affords far better results than IPL, among the resurfacing treatments. The effects of this procedure are visible after three months of the procedure because collagen remodelling takes about 90 days.
The Results of Collagen Induction Therapy
- It diminishes acne scars, wrinkles and fine lines.
- Induces the thickening of skin.
- Helps to ameliorate stretch marks.
- Collagen Induction Therapy makes the skin smoother, fresher and lightens wrinkles encircling your cheeks, eyes and mouth.
- Skin texture and brown marks will improve in most cases.
Advantages of Collagen Induction Therapy
- The process stimulates physiological responses and is painless.
- The procedure involves a short healing period.
- The treatment can be accomplished at a fair price.
- As it induces skin thickening, there is no harm on using this method on skin.
- The procedure does not involve long term damage.
- Repeating the procedure a couple of times is not harmful for the body.
- This procedure can be employed on laser–resurfaced skin.
- The other resurface methods of treatment like chemical peel, dermabrasion forcefully removes the protective surface epidermis thus exposing the underlying dermis to contaminants like dust, bacteria and dirt. This is not the case in Collagen Induction Therapy.
- Collagen Induction Therapy is skin friendly process and reaps long term, positive results compared to chemical peel, laser resurfacing etc.
Thus Collagen Induction Therapy is ideal method for non–surgical and non–ablative treatment of various skin blemishes like aging , scarring due to acne, wrinkles, stretch marks, and hyper pigmentation. It should be instituted as it shows remarkable results, far superior to ablative treatments like dermabrasion, laser resurfacing etc.
Posted in: Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery